Preparing for your assessment centre
Some of our roles may require you to attend an assessment centre. These are usually held over the course of a full day and involve a series of tasks and activities to assess your suitability for a career with us, along with an interview if successful. They are a great opportunity for you to get a better feel for the role as well as Staysure’s culture and values. On the day you’ll meet some of our employees as well as fellow candidates.
Our assessment centres typically include the following activities:
- Introductions and a short talk about Staysure
- Literacy, Numeracy and Geography assessment
- Call listening exercise
- A group exercise and/or presentation
- A competency-based interview (if successful)
Note: Assessment centre activities vary according to the role applied for.
Here are some tips to help you prepare for your assessment centre:
- Think about how you personally present yourself to make a good first impression. You will be working in a professional office environment.
- Make sure you give yourself plenty of time to get to the venue to arrive on time. During the day be punctual and return to the venue on time after breaks.
- Try to relax and be yourself; the assessors will be looking out for the qualities you can bring to a working team – they will make the day as comfortable as they can for you.
- Brush up on your literacy, numeracy and geography skills – working at Staysure requires being able to deal with information, and a good level of geography is very handy in the travel business.
- Think about what customers might want or expect from someone in the role you are applying for – consider how you will improve their customer experience
- Prepare for your interview (see our tips for Preparing for your Interview)