Travel insurance cancellation claims

You will need to complete a cancellation claim form if you had to cancel your trip before your departure.

Download Form

Making a cancellation claim

  • Which documents do you need?

    When submitting your claims, please return the claim form with all requested documents. We require the originals of the following documents:

    • The booking invoice to confirm your travel dates
    • The cancellation invoice to show any reimbursements you may have received
    • If your claim is in regards to a redundancy, we need the original letter from your employer confirming that you are entitled to statutory redundancy
    • Any pre-booked and unused tickets (amusement parks, ski passes etc…)
    • If you are claiming due as a result of an illness, we require the medical certificate completed by the GP of the person whose illness has caused the claim.
    For all claims
    • The Travel Insurance Certificate together with the receipt issued by the Travel Agent showing payment of the Insurance Premium
    • The Tour Operators or Travel Providers booking document(s) showing the total cost of the holiday
    • Travel Tickets (airline/ferry/coach etc…)
    • Your travel itinerary
    • A photocopy of your passport page showing your photograph, name and date of birth (This is only required to verify the identity of the claimant(s))
    • Documents to support any discount given to you for your travel arrangements.

    If in doubt, send in as much information as you can.

    We will return original death certificates and annual insurance certificates. Please note that any costs associated with getting this information is not a claimable expense.

  • Why are you asking for details of my household insurance policy?

    In order to help keep down the cost of your insurance premiums there is an agreement between insurance companies to each contribute to the cost of a claim where coverage applies. This will not affect any no claims discount applicable to your policy.
  • What is an excess?

    The policy excess is the amount you have to pay towards each claim. In some cases you can pay an excess waiver premium, which means no deduction will be made from the claim settlement for the policy excess. Please be aware the excess is applied to each claimant and each trip cancelled. The excess may be deducted from the claim settlement.
  • One of my family is ill and I will need to cancel my trip, will I be covered?

    You are covered under your policy for a claim caused by the death, injury or illness of a ‘close relative’ providing that their condition was not known about prior to the commencement of the policy. The definition of close relative(s) is the following persons only: the person that you live with, in a relationship for at least 6 months at the same address, whether married or cohabiting (as if husband and wife) regardless of gender; your children (including fostered or adopted children), grandchildren, parents, grandparents, brothers, sisters, parents-in-law, sons/daughters-in-law and brothers/sisters-in-law.

    The Medical Certificate within the claim form must be completed in all cases by the GP of the person whose illness resulted in the claim.

  • What is the Air Passenger Duty and will this be settled as part of the claim?

    The Air Passenger Duty is a tax levied by HMRC and is only payable by an airline when a passenger leaves the UK on an aircraft. This tax is therefore recoverable from the airline and will be deducted from any claim. Please ensure you claim the monies back from the airline/tour operator.