Home emergency cover

Home Emergency Cover protects you against the cost of emergency call-out labour charges, parts and materials for many different problems that may occur in your home. It is a great way to make sure you won’t be left out of pocket should the unforeseen happen.

Staysure’s Home Emergency Cover, available as an optional extra with our home insurance, will pay for a range of services including plumbing and drainage, internal water, gas and electricity, security and pest infestation as well as providing cover for your boiler (up to 15 years old) and primary heating sources such as radiators for just £39.99 a year.

To find out more, talk to the home insurance team today on 0844 692 8400^ or simply get a quote online.

Why do I need Home Emergency Cover?

Home Emergency Cover is there to protect you against costly bills and stressful situations; what would you do if there is a plumbing fault or if your boiler stopped working? With Staysure, you can relax in the knowledge that you won’t need to worry about the bill.

Boiler cover

Living in the UK invariably means being very dependent on your boiler, especially in the winter months. If your boiler breaks down, you could be left with a large repair bill if you haven’t taken out adequate cover.

Our Home Emergency Cover will pay for the emergency work following the complete breakdown or accidental damage of your primary heating system which results in the complete loss of heating and/or hot water supply to the insured areas of your property.

Gas, water and electricity

Staysure not only provides cover for boiler breakdowns but also for damaged or failing plumbing, drainage, gas and water supply systems. You will be protected for the cost of emergency work following:

  • A water supply system failure to your kitchen or bathroom where there is no other water supply available in that room
  • The advice and/or remedial work by your local gas board, as result of a gas leak within the property
  • The failure or accidental damage of an electricity circuit which cannot be resolved by carefully resetting the fuse box and where it is not more appropriate for an electricity network supplier to fix the problem
  • Damage to or failure of the plumbing and drainage system which:
    • Means that internal flooding or water damage is likely to occur and you anticipate that you will not be able to contain the leak
    • Means you do not have access to a toilet within your property
    • Causes external drains within the boundary of the property to be blocked where this can be resolved by high pressure water jetting.


You are also insured for any emergency work required for damaged or failing external locks, doors and windows which would leave the main living areas of your property insecure and easily accessible to intruders if not fixed.

Pest infestation

If there is clear evidence of an infestation to an insured area of your property, our emergency cover will pay for the removal of:

  • Wasp and hornet nests
  • House and field mice
  • Rats
  • Cockroaches.

Home Insurance from Staysure

Staysure is a specialist in providing insurance products to the over 50s. We care about your home and possessions and want to ensure you get quality cover.

Talk to the Staysure home insurance team on 0844 692 8400^ who will be more than happy to help with any questions or queries, or get a quote online.

Get Quote

^ Calls cost 7p per minute from a UK landline plus your phone company’s access charge