Private medical insurance
Private medical insurance (PMI), also referred to as private health insurance, offers peace of mind when it comes the health and wellbeing of you and your loved ones. It is designed to ensure that if anything were to go wrong with your family’s health you have access to some of the best private healthcare available in the UK. Private medical insurance can cover the costs of surgery, consultancy fees, accommodation and nursing at a private hospital.
- Save up to £820: when you switch with Staysure*
- Receive up to £400 cash back: on your first month’s premium†
- FREE review: and no obligation quote from professional advisors
Simply fill in the short enquiry form or call free on: 0800 270 0003 and our expert private medical insurance partner will provide you with a free review and no obligation quote.
Why do I need private health cover?
Many people do not realise that full private medical insurance isn’t however just for serious illnesses such as cancer or heart conditions; less serious medical problems can be dealt with through private medical care as well.
Among other things, it offers cover for early diagnosis and treatment, paying for anything from physiotherapy on a sprained ankle to seeing a consultant about chronic back pain, and from diagnostic tests to major heart surgery, or even the latest in chemotherapy treatments. One of the biggest attractions to private medical insurance today is of course the ability to jump the long waiting lists experienced if you seek treatment on the NHS.
- NHS waiting times are on the up with over half a million people currently waiting for treatment. Many of us prefer to turn towards private medical cover for the peace of mind that we can get medical treatment fast and effortlessly if we need it.
- An initial consultation with a private specialist can often add up to anywhere in the region of £150 to £250 and routine surgery often costs thousands. Private medical insurance is an affordable way to insure against these costs.
- NHS cuts have raised concerns over public sector spending. The lack of funds available to provide necessary medical technologies means that more people are turning to private medical insurance for reassurance and some of the best healthcare options available.
- 18-week waiting lists, poor medical treatment, a lack of aftercare and a shortage of beds are a common sight across hospitals nationwide. Private medical insurance can ensure your family has access to the best treatment without the enormous bills or huge waiting lists.
Staysure has chosen to partner with private medical insurance specialists to ensure that you are provided with the best guidance when it comes to finding private medical cover that is tailored to your needs. We pride ourselves on only working with the UK’s top insurers to ensure you’re provided with multiple options to suit your requirements and budget. Most policies include cover for the cost of private hospital treatment, with levels of cover varying per plan should you need outpatient consultations, diagnostic tests or ancillary services such as home nursing.
It’s understandable that you will have questions regarding which policy is best for you, so why not contact our expert private medical insurance partner? Simply fill in the short enquiry form or call free on: 0800 270 0003 and they will be more than happy to answer your questions.