Long Stay Travel Insurance
A chance to spread your wings… and feel renewed. There’s a saying that we like: a good holiday can take ten years off you. And a long stay trip can be the holiday of a lifetime.
It’s a chance to truly relax and immerse yourself in other places, to explore and to enjoy, with no feeling of being rushed. And at the end of it, to come back home rejuvenated and at one with yourself.
Our Long Stay Travel Insurance is flexible according to your specific needs and gives you the freedom to take that once-in-a-lifetime trip round the world, including cruise holidays.
Whether your ideal long stay holiday involves basking at the beach, soaking up the atmosphere of historic towns, sampling the best local cuisine, or even trying something a bit more energetic or sporty, it’s worth getting a few things right in advance.
That includes making sure you have good quality travel insurance in case problems arise.
Travel without a care… with Staysure Long Stay Holiday Insurance
You want your long stay holiday to be memorable for all the right reasons. With Staysure, you can be confident that you’re buying the best travel insurance cover, as well as support from an award-winning team of experts.
We consider all medical conditions, and you can get cover for up to 550 days*. And if unexpectedly you need to interrupt or cut your long trip short, it needn’t be a disaster; we provide cover for that too.
A Staysure insurance policy will mean that wherever you decide to visit on holiday, you can go with peace of mind.
Call our specialists free on 0800 033 4902 or get a quote online in minutes.
Do you have a pre-existing medical condition?
At Staysure we believe that your medical circumstances shouldn’t get in the way of your holiday. That’s why we provide cover for the vast majority of medical conditions – in fact 98% of people who contact us find we can insure them for their trip.
To find out how Staysure can help make your long stay trip as trouble-free as possible, why not call our travel insurance specialists free today on 0800 033 4902, or get an online quote in minutes with our simple and straightforward process.
Benefits of using our Long Stay Travel Insurance
- Up to £10 million cover for medical and repatriation
- We cover many medical conditions without extra charge
- Trip interruption cover of up to £1,500
- Up to £10 million cover for medical and repatriation
- No upper age limits on single trips and single trip cruise policies
- Many different sports and activities covered
- Discounts for families and couples
Cover for pre-existing medical conditions
Staysure is a specialist when it comes to travel insurance with medical conditions. To make sure you’re covered, all medical conditions should be disclosed when applying and confirmed on your travel insurance policy document.
Disclosing and covering all pre-existing medical conditions means you will not be liable for large bills if you fall ill while travelling. This is especially important in locations where there is no state health care and countries that do not have a reciprocal health agreement with the UK. If you become ill while you’re in the USA, a hospital stay could easily run to tens of thousands of pounds.
Which level of cover do you need?
|Basic Travel Insurance||Comprehensive Travel Insurance|
Getting the right cover for your medical conditions
If you have an existing medical condition, a quality travel insurance policy is vital. Medical treatment abroad can prove very expensive. Most countries do not have a reciprocal health cover agreement with the UK, and even if you are travelling in Europe, an EHIC card will only cover you so far.
Staysure will consider all medical conditions and offers you a straightforward online screening process that can be completed in just a few minutes. Proper insurance that meets your individual needs will set your mind at ease and ensure we can help you cope if something does go wrong.
If you have any concerns or queries please do call our friendly holiday insurance team free on: 0800 033 4902 We’re experts in our field and we’ll be glad to help you.
Staying safe while you’re away
You might spend weeks and months looking forward to your holiday, so the last thing you want is for something to go wrong. We’ve put together some tips for staying safe while you’re away.
Tips for medical emergencies and illness abroad
- Always take your Staysure Validation Certificate with you, so you have all relevant information at hand.
- Always travel with your health information written down, such as blood type, allergies and any medication you are taking.
- Leave copies of your insurance policies at home with someone you can trust. That way, you can always ring them should you lose your documents.
Keeping your personal effects safe
- Before you leave, take a photo of any valuable belongings you intend to take with you.
- Always keep your possessions either on your person or locked away in a safe place – travel insurance does not include items left unattended.
- When out and about, keep your wallet/purse in a secure bag and keep it close to you at all times.
Taking care of your money and passport
- Avoid carrying around large amounts of cash. Just take what you need for the day and lock the rest in a safe.
- Keep any valuables and important documents including passports in a safe place.
- Take a photocopy of your passport and driving licence and keep these apart from the originals.
Long Stay Travel Insurance FAQ
How many days am I covered for with a Long Stay Travel Insurance policy?
The trip duration offered with a policy from Staysure will vary depending on your age and travel destination.
- If you’re under 65, you can travel anywhere in the world up to a maximum of 550 days
- If you’re aged over 65-70, you can travel for up to 366 days in the UK and EU or 184 days anywhere in the world
- If you’re 71-75 can travel for up to 366 days in the UK and EU or 123 days to all countries in the world.
Do I really need travel insurance?
We all hope it won’t happen to us, but the cost of repatriation and other emergency necessities can add financial woes to any medical problems. That’s why whenever you go away it’s always worth taking out good quality travel insurance.
What happens if I need to curtail or interrupt my long stay trip?
Sadly, sometimes unexpected events at your destination or at home mean you have to interrupt your trip or cut it short. Staysure travel insurance can help soften the blow.
Compensation available is:
Curtailment: up to £500 for Basic cover (with optional additional cover limits available of up to £1000 and £3,000); or £5,000 for Comprehensive cover (up to £15,000 may be available – please see table of benefits).
Trip Interruption: up to £500 for Basic cover, and £1,500 for Comprehensive cover**.
So long as your circumstances meet our insurance conditions, we will provide compensation. This includes additional travel costs and unused accommodation, if you are forced to cut short a trip you have commenced and return to your home country, due to any of the following:
- Unforseen illness, injury or death of you, a close relative, travelling companion or someone you had arranged to stay with on your trip
- You or any person you plan to travel with being called for Jury Service or summoned as a witness to court (other than as a professional)
- Accidental damage, burglary, flooding or fire affecting your home, during your trip, costing more than £1,500
For details and conditions, please see Section 2, Curtailment and Trip Interruption, in our travel insurance policy here.
Do I need to disclose all my medical conditions?
Yes. Disclosing and covering all pre-existing medical conditions means you will not be liable for large bills if you fall ill while travelling. This is especially important in locations where there is no state health care and countries that do not have a reciprocal health agreement with the UK. For instance, if you fall ill while you’re in the USA, the cost of a hospital stay could easily amount to tens of thousands of pounds.
To make sure you’re properly covered, all medical conditions should be disclosed when you apply, and this must be confirmed on the travel insurance Validation Certificate we send you.
Long Stay Travel Insurance - Get a Quote
If you’re planning a long stay trip of up to 18 months, why not talk to Staysure? You can get a quote for your travel insurance online in just minutes or call our travel insurance team free on 0800 033 4902 – We’ll be very happy to help.