Travel insurance for blocked arteries or peripheral arterial disease (PAD)
Atherosclerosis is a condition where arteries become clogged up by fatty substances and eventually become blocked. This is a major problem when it starts to affect the blood flow to vital organs such as the heart and brain.
Collectively, the group of conditions that affect blood flow around the body is called cardiovascular disease (CVD).
CVD can lead to a number of health problems such as coronary heart disease, stroke and heart attacks. However, CVD can be treated in several ways, one of which is to make lifestyle changes such as giving up smoking, eating a healthier diet and exercising more regularly.
As long as your doctor has declared you fit enough to travel, blocked arteries shouldn’t stop you enjoying the finer things in life such as a dream holiday.
At Staysure we pride ourselves on considering every customer on a case by case basis. Blocked arteries can affect people in different ways, so in order to assess your needs you’ll need to complete our medical screening process online or contact our friendly travel insurance specialists on 0800 033 4902 to find out what cover we can offer you.
Why do I need travel insurance if I have blocked arteries?
If you have been diagnosed with blocked or clogged arteries then it’s a good idea to be prepared when travelling. If you’ve been given the green light to go on holiday by your doctor, then our travel insurance specialists can provide you with a policy so that you can travel with peace of mind.
As long as you declare your blocked arteries and our underwriters agree to cover it, you’ll have access to 24-hour medical assistance in the event of an emergency. What’s more, our Comprehensive policy covers you for new flights home and accommodation, should you have need to stay in hospital while abroad and if you have to cancel your holiday beforehand due to ill health.
It’s worth noting that we pay for your travelling companion or partner to accompany you home in the event of a medical emergency. We can also provide a competent person to fly home with your children or grandchildren if necessary.
Of course, getting ill is the last thing you want to think about while organising an exciting holiday, but purchasing a travel insurance policy with Staysure means you will be well looked after if any problems do occur. Get an online quote in a matter of minutes or call our travel insurance team on 0800 033 4902.
Tips for travelling with blocked arteries
- Always ask your doctor if you are well enough to travel before booking a holiday
- Take additional supplies of any medicine in case you lose it, damage it or you get delayed
- Write the names of your medications down (not just the brand names) and keep the list in your wallet or purse. If you lose them, you’ll be able to replace them more quickly
- Avoid overindulging as holiday food can be high in saturated fat and sodium, which could increase cholesterol and blood pressure
- Don’t drink too much alcohol as it can raise your blood pressure. If you do, try and have a glass of water after each alcoholic drink
- If you do exercise don’t over-exert yourself and put unnecessary strain on your heart
- Try to limit stress while on holiday. Give yourself plenty of time to pack and arrive at the airport. Plus don’t pack too many activities into each day
- If you need help with mobility ring the airport in advance as they can help you find your departure gate and carry your luggage.
On that note, don’t over pack as lugging heavy suitcases around could raise your blood pressure
- So that you don’t spend half your holiday travelling, book accommodation that is near to all the amenities
- The National Health Service (NHS) advises all travellers to cover their holidays adequately with a private travel insurance policy, using their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as additional cover only. To apply for an EHIC card call 0300 330 1350.
Blocked Artery Travel Insurance
Apply for a blocked artery travel insurance quote online or call 0800 033 4902.