Macular degeneration travel insurance
Macular degeneration, otherwise known as age-related macular degeneration, is a painless eye condition that leads to the gradual loss of your central vision, but it should not affect your holiday fun. According to NHS Choices, this condition affects up to half a million people in the UK and at Staysure, we are used to providing macular degeneration travel insurance for pre-existing medical condition cover.
We are proud of our award-winning services and our friendly staff are always happy to take the time to explain the various options to you, guiding you through the short medical screening process in a non-intrusive way. To find out what type of cover Staysure can provide you with, simply phone one of our travel insurance specialists on 0800 033 4902.
Why do I need travel insurance for macular degeneration?
Age-related macular degeneration travel insurance is a must and covers medical emergencies. Our policies not only cover treatment, they also cover you financially and practically to get you and your travel companions back home earlier or later than originally planned if necessary. You’ll also be covered for loss or theft of baggage and other personal items should they go astray.
If you are travelling to EU countries, Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein it’s a requirement with Staysure that you get a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC). This gives you free or reduced cost medical treatment, but it doesn’t cover the cost of being flown back to the UK. Apply online or call 0300 3301350.
Without travel insurance running alongside your EHIC, you could find yourself facing all sorts of unwanted complications and expenses that could run to thousands of pounds. Therefore, for the price of an average meal out for two, you’d be well advised to include travel insurance in your holiday budget.
Tips for travelling with macular degeneration
- Wear low, sensible shoes with non-slip soles
- Remove hazards from your living spaces, for example: rugs, cables and furniture in the line of passage
- Switch on the lights in stairwells and if you are going to the bathroom at night, particularly if you are staying in unfamiliar holiday accommodation
- Put a bright coloured strap around your luggage or buy a bright suitcase for ease of identification when it arrives on the airport carousel
- Put your shampoo and conditioner in differently sized or shaped containers so that you don’t mix them up.
Macular Degeneration Travel Insurance
To apply for a travel insurance quote that covers macular degeneration online or call our travel insurance team on 0800 033 4902.