Travel insurance for neck conditions
Although neck pain and general stiffness is a common problem, in most cases it’s nothing to worry about. Nevertheless, it can cause a lot of stress and disrupt our carefully made plans. Neck problems can include whiplash, a twisted or locked neck and nerve or bone problems.
If you have neck pain, this should not stand in your way of booking a holiday to a dream destination. In fact, a relaxing and peaceful break might be just what the doctor ordered.
With this in mind, as long as your doctor has declared you safe to travel, applying for a travel insurance quote with Staysure is easy and can be done in a matter of minutes. Simply complete our medical screening process online or contact our friendly travel insurance team on 0800 033 4902 to find out what level of cover we could offer you.
Why do I need travel insurance if I have neck problems?
As with any medical condition that affects your health or quality of life, having travel insurance means you have one less thing to worry about while on holiday. Purchasing an insurance policy with Staysure means you will be in safe hands, should the unexpected happen and you need medical help.
So as long as your doctor has declared you fit for travel, our team of staff can help you through a simple medical screening process to provide you with the right cover and enable you to enjoy your holiday with peace of mind. Our cover provides our customers with access to our 24-hour medical assistance in the event of an emergency. In addition, our Comprehensive policy covers you for new flights home and accommodation, should you have an unexpected hospital visit while abroad. Should you have to cancel your holiday beforehand due to unforeseen health problems, our Comprehensive policy will cover these costs too.
What’s more, we pay for your travelling companion to accompany you home as well as a competent person to fly home with your children or grandchildren. This cover can also be added as an optional extra to our Basic policy. It’s worth noting that we cover you for lost luggage and passports as standard.
Although having health issues abroad is the last thing you want to worry about while planning an exciting trip, buying a travel insurance policy with Staysure means you will be well looked after if you do.
Tips for travelling with neck pain
- Always ask your doctor if you are fit enough to travel before booking any holiday
- If you are on medication for your neck problems – it’s a good idea to write the names and doses down (not just the brand names) just in case you need to replace them quickly
- Take doses of ibuprofen, paracetamol or both to manage pain. Ibuprofen gel can also be rubbed into your neck instead of taking tablets.
- Consider bringing heat packs or a hot water bottle with you to reduce the pain
- Watch your posture as this may make the pain worse. For advice from the NHS on your posture, visit the website
- If you need help with luggage or mobility then phone the airport in advance to request help
- On that note, don’t over pack as a needlessly heavy suitcase could aggravate neck problems
- Avoid driving if you have a painful or stiff neck as you might not be able to turn your head and see the traffic properly
- The National Health Service (NHS) advises all travellers to cover their holidays adequately with a private travel insurance policy, using their EHIC as additional cover only.
Common questions about travel insurance for neck problems
Can I get insurance with Staysure to travel abroad if I have whiplash?
- If your doctor declares you fit enough to travel, then we can look at insuring you. You will need to complete a simple medical screening process online or over the phone with our friendly travel insurance team.
I have recently been diagnosed with nonspecific neck pain by my GP. Do I have to declare this?
- Yes. If you have a medical condition and don’t declare it, it could mean you are not covered. So with this in mind it’s imperative that you declare any health issue when applying for an insurance policy.
I’ve recently been told I have a slipped disk, although I’ve already purchased a policy with Staysure for an upcoming holiday. Do I need to let you know that my health condition has changed?
- Yes, if your health has changed since you purchased a policy with us then you have to tell us as soon as possible. It might not mean an increase in your premium, but it’s important to let us know by calling 0800 033 4902.
If my medication for my neck pain was stolen or went missing while on holiday, would Staysure cover me?
- As long as you have declared all medical conditions you may have and they have been accepted by our underwriters, then a Comprehensive policy will help you to replace any medication as quickly as possible. It’s also worth bearing in mind that we can replace prescription glasses and contact lenses too.
I’m waiting for some test results from the hospital as my doctor thinks I might have sudden-onset (acute) torticollis. Would you consider insuring me?
- Yes, we pride ourselves on considering all customers for tailor made policies to suit individual needs. As neck pain can affect people in many different ways, it’s important to make sure you have the right level of cover for your travels.
Is getting travel insurance really necessary given that I have a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)?
- Most definitely. While it’s true that the EHIC does entitle you to reciprocal health agreements between EU countries (as well as Iceland, Norway, Switzerland and Liechtenstein) it does not cover additional flights or accommodation should you end up in hospital after a fall down the slopes.As for the EHIC, you can apply online free or telephone 0300 330 1350.
Neck Condition Travel Insurance
Getting a quote for travel insurance that covers neck problems is easy and can be done in a matter of minutes. Either apply online or call our travel insurance specialists on 0800 033 4902.