Worldwide Travel Insurance
The world is waiting for you, where will your journey take you? To enchantment in the Far East? To be dazzled by the USA? Or amazed by Australia? To bask in Spanish sunsets or the blue waters of the Caribbean?
Wherever your adventure is taking you, there’s one holiday essential that you should always take along: good quality Worldwide Travel Insurance.
Go as far as you want with Staysure
If you’re over 50, Worldwide Travel Insurance with Staysure allows you to experience your dream destinations worry-free. You can choose from multiple levels of cover on a Single-Trip or Annual basis, including Comprehensive cover for trips up to 550 days long to many countries around the world.
And if you have one or more pre-existing medical conditions, rest assured: we’re specialists in providing cover for such circumstances. In fact, 98% of people who enquire find we can cover them – so we can almost certainly help you too.
Our award-winning team of travel insurance experts will help you tailor a policy that meets your individual needs and provides the level of cover you want. With the confidence that comes from knowing you’ve got travel insurance from Staysure, you can concentrate on the holiday experience of a lifetime.
If you’d like more information about Staysure’s worldwide holiday insurance, please call our specialists free on 0800 033 4902, or get a quote in minutes using our simple online process.
Benefits of using our Worldwide Travel Insurance
- Any type of existing medical condition considered
- Cover available for trips up to 550 days
- No upper age limits on single trips and single trip cruise policies
- Up to £10 million cover for medical and repatriation
- Many different sports and activities covered
- Discounts for families and couples
- 14 day cooling off period
Why do I need Worldwide Holiday Insurance?
Your holiday’s booked, you’ve been poring over the travel guides, you’ve stocked up on travel essentials, you’re wondering how you’ll get everything into the suitcase… you’re full of anticipation.
Travel insurance may not be the first thing that springs to mind when you’re planning your special trip, and we can’t pretend it’s the most exciting part of getting ready. But securing proper travel insurance cover provides peace of mind, and it’s a vital safety net should something go wrong. Not being insured can result in a holiday dream becoming a nightmare.
Travel insurance is worth doing, and it’s worth doing right
If you buy a Staysure Annual policy, you’re also covered for an unlimited number of trips. That means you have no need to buy new policies for each holiday, and the policy covers up to 183 days travel.
Staysure’s Comprehensive travel insurance policies includes fantastic extras as standard. For instance, you’ll get up to 21 days of winter sports cover†, meaning you’re free to experience amazing activities on the slopes without buying additional cover.
And then there’s £5,000 cancellation cover and £500 money and passport loss cover providing extra monetary protection, ensuring you will not be out of pocket should an unexpected emergency arise.
What does worldwide travel insurance cover?
|Basic Travel Insurance||Comprehensive Travel Insurance|
Staysure abides by the guidelines laid down by the Foreign & Commonwealth Office in its ‘Travel Aware’ campaign. Travel Aware aims to keep people safe and healthy while they’re travelling overseas. It provides a few simple and useful steps to run through before travelling:
- Make sure you have the right travel insurance and your free European Health Insurance Card
- Check the FCO’s foreign travel advice for your destination
- Check your passport is valid for the entirety of your trip
- Take a look at the Travel Health Pro website, which provides the latest health related information on a country-by-country basis
Terrorism Cancellation option
At Staysure we listen to our customers. Sadly, there have been a number of terrorist incidents in recent years around the world, and feedback from customers confirm that some people are nervous about whether to book a holiday. We can’t make that decision for you, but to help ease some practical concerns we now offer a Terrorism Cancellation option as an add-on to our Comprehensive Travel insurance policies.
The Terrorism Cancellation add-on means you can get up to £2000 cancellation cover if there is a terrorist event within 42 days of your departure and within a 40 mile radius of your destination.
If you’d like to know more about the Terrorism Cancellation add-on, you can find it here on our website. And if you have questions about this or any other aspect of our travel insurance, give us a call us – we’ll be glad to help. Feel free to call our specialists on 0808 281 0726, or get a quote in minutes using our simple online process.
End Supplier Failure
In recent years we have seen the collapse of several airlines and travel companies, leaving many holidaymakers out of pocket as their arrangements were not covered by ABTA or ATOL Licences.
In response to customer concerns we have received about this, Staysure now offers an End Supplier Failure add-on to our Comprehensive Travel Insurance policies. This provides you with cover of up to £3000 against the insolvency of travel and hotel companies etc. (which do not form part of a package holiday).
You can find more information on our add-on here within our policy documents and please do call us, free, if you would like to discuss any queries with one of our travel insurance specialists.
Tips for making a travel insurance claim with Staysure
Millions of British people holiday abroad each year, and most of our holidays are happy and thankfully without incident. If you’ve taken out a policy with us and you do need to make a claim, you’ll find it straightforward if you’ve done the following:
- Keep your policy documents close by: These documents contain your policy number and phone numbers for the claims hotline and 24-hour emergency number assistance. Store them in a safe place, and when you’re actually travelling, make sure you’ve got them on you at all times.
- Make sure you are insured: Check the limits depending on your chosen policy. Check your Validation Certificate and policy wording. And be aware of exclusions.
- Collect evidence: The more evidence you can pass on to us to support your insurance claim, the better. So make sure to collect all relevant documents, including Police Reports (if applicable). A detailed account of any damage – take photographs where appropriate – these will often help simplify your claim.
- Damaged items: Damage to personal items in transit must be reported to the carrier before you leave the baggage hall, and a Property Irregularity Report (PIR) must be obtained from the relevant airline.
- Lost or stolen items: If something has been lost or stolen from your personal luggage, you should report this to the local Police within 24 hours. Also be sure to report it to your hotel, accommodation provider or tour operator, so they can produce written documentation to confirm the loss or theft. Without this your claim may not be paid.
- Keep your receipts: After any incident, you will have to submit receipts for costs incurred if you want to make a claim. This costs can range from accommodation and transport to medical certificates and other expenses.
- Don’t forget your excess: Some cover requires you to pay an amount towards your claim. Check your policy to see if you are liable for any cost.
- Get in touch quickly: Start your claim as soon as possible. That way, the information will be fresh in your mind. Your policy may also have a time limit for making the claim.
Worldwide Travel insurance FAQ
Where can I travel worldwide with my travel insurance?
With Staysure you can choose your destination cover from four options:
- Region 1: Europe excluding Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Malta, Morocco, Spain, Turkey and Tunisia.
- Region 2: Europe including Cyprus, Egypt, Greece, Malta, Morocco, Spain, Turkey and Tunisia.
- Region 3: Worldwide excluding Bermuda, Canada, the islands of the Caribbean, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, Thailand, and the United States of America
- Region 4: All countries of the world.
Please be advised: we do not provide cover to those countries or parts of countries where the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) or World Travel Organisation have advised against travel.
Which destinations in the world can I get cover for?
You can get cover with Staysure for anywhere in the world, with the following proviso:
We cannot provide cover for you to visit countries or areas where either the Foreign & Commonwealth Office (FCO) or the World Health Organisation (WHO) has advised against travel at the time of purchase. However, if you bought your policy before the FCO/WHO advice was issued, you will be covered.
You can check the FCO advice for your destination here, and the WHO updates here.
Can my travel start from outside the UK?
No. Your travel must always begin from the UK – for policy purposes this includes the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. If you’re taking out an expat insurance policy, travel must always commence from your home country.
Worldwide Travel Insurance - Get a Quote
Staysure places a strong emphasis on providing excellent customer services through its great policies, brought to you at affordable prices. This enables us to insure millions of customers for their travel insurance needs.
If you have any questions about your travel insurance, our specialist staff will be more than happy to help on 0800 033 4902, or you can get a quote online in minutes.