Private medical insurance
Private medical insurance (PMI), also referred to as private health insurance, offers peace of mind when it comes to the health of you and your loved ones. It is designed to ensure that if anything were to go wrong with you or your family's health you have access to some of the best private healthcare available in the UK. Private medical insurance can cover the costs of surgery, consultancy fees, accommodation and nursing at a private hospital.
Amongst other things, it offers cover for early diagnosis and treatment, paying for anything from physiotherapy on a sprained ankle to seeing a consultant about chronic back pain, and from diagnostic tests to major heart surgery, or even the latest in chemotherapy treatments. One of the biggest attractions to private medical insurance today is of course the ability to ‘jump' the long waiting lists experienced if you seek treatment on the NHS.
Staysure has chosen to partner with private medical insurance specialists to ensure that you are provided with the best guidance when it comes to finding private medical cover that is tailored to your needs. We pride ourselves on only working with the UK's top insurers to ensure you're provided with multiple options to suit your requirements and budget. Most policies include cover for the cost of private hospital treatment, with levels of cover varying per plan should you need outpatient consultations, diagnostic tests or ancillary services such as home nursing.
Great reasons to choose Staysure
- Receive up to £400* cash back on your first month's premium
- Switch to Staysure and save up to £820** on your Private Medical Insurance
- FREE review and no obligation quote from professional advisors
- A wide range of plans from fully comprehensive Gold plans to the more budget focused Bronze plans from major providers
- Personalised plans with Extended Cancer Cover and access to treatment and drugs not currently available on the NHS
- A number of options to reduce your premium even further. Such as six week wait, selective hospital lists and a large choice of excesses
Why do I need private medical cover?
- NHS waiting times are on the up with over half a million people currently waiting for treatment. Many of us prefer to turn towards private medical cover for the peace of mind that we can get medical treatment fast and effortlessly if we need it.
- An initial consultation with a private specialist can often add up to anywhere in the region of £150 to £250 and routine surgery often costs thousands. Private medical insurance is an affordable way to insure against these costs.
- NHS cuts have raised concerns over public sector spending. The lack of funds available to provide necessary medical technologies means that more people are turning to private medical insurance for reassurance and some of the best healthcare options available.
- 18-week waiting lists, poor medical treatment, a lack of aftercare and a shortage of beds are a common sight across hospitals nationwide. Private medical insurance can ensure your family has access to the best treatment without the enormous bills or huge waiting lists.
It's understandable that you will have questions regarding which policy is best for you, so why not contact our private medical insurance experts? Simply fill in the short enquiry form, and they will be more than happy to answer your questions.
**Figure is based upon the average annual saving made by Staysure customers when using Staysure's health partner to switch their existing policy to another provider at their renewal date in 2016.