Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 9pm
Sat:8.30am - 6pm
Sun:10am - 6pmCustomer Service
Mon - Fri: 8.30am - 6pm
Sat:8.30am - 1pm
1. Does Staysure insure people under age 50?
Yes Staysure insures from age 0-85. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an insured adult and under 2s are insured free of charge.
2. Does my policy cover repatriation?
Yes all policies include repatriation however as you would expect, the decision to repatriate remains with the insurer.
3. What is Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) and why is it charged at 20%?
Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) is a levy dictated by the government and applies to all insurance policies. Travel insurance qualifies for 20% tax whereas most other insurance products attract a rate of 6%. This tax is not to be confused with Value Added Tax (VAT) which for the current year is now 20%.
4. Can travel start outside of the UK?
No travel must always commence from the UK (including Jersey, Guernsey and the Isle of Man).
5. Do I need to declare medical conditions suffered over 5 years ago?
No claims arising from any Pre-existing Medical Condition(s) will be covered unless you have declared these to us and been accepted by us in writing. For the purposes of the insurance you need to declare:
1. any past or current medical or psychological sickness, disease, condition, injury or symptom that has given rise to symptoms or for which any form of treatment or prescribed medication, medical consultation, investigation or follow-up/check-up has been required or received during the 2 years prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any trip: and
2. any cardiovascular or circulatory condition (e.g. heart condition, hypertension, blood clots, raised cholesterol, stroke, aneurysm) that has occurred at any time prior to the commencement of cover under this policy and/or prior to any trip.
6. If a medical condition is ‘excluded’ what does that mean?
This means that any claim which relates either directly or indirectly to the excluded medical condition(s) will not be covered. However cover remains in place for any other unrelated insurance claim.
7. Is Staysure insurance available to non-UK residents?
Yes, please see
Staysure Expat Insurance for non-UK residents
8. Can I take out insurance if I am currently being diagnosed, under referral, awaiting an operation or haven’t been discharged from outpatient care?
No, this is not possible, please contact the Staysure Travel Insurance Experts for more information.
9. Can I cancel my policy at any time?
Policies are fully refundable (minus any postage or transaction fees) within 14 days of booking for any reason, so long as travel has not commenced and no potential claim has been encountered. After 14 days policies are non-refundable but may be upgraded subject to an additional premium
10. Can I make changes to my policy?
Yes, upgrades can be made at any time prior to departure within the terms and conditions of the policy. However it isn’t possible to reduce coverage in return for a partial refund.
11. Do I need to advise Staysure of any changes to my health or medical conditions?
Yes, any changes to your health / medical conditions since purchasing your policy need to be declared. These may result in an additional premium or variation of the cover provided. In exceptional circumstances it may lead to cover being withdrawn. Please call the Staysure Travel Insurance Experts to notify any changes.
12. Can I renew my policy while travelling?
Annual policies can be renewed to run concurrently, simply notify us at least one day before expiry. Except in extreme circumstances, single trip and long-stay policies cannot be extended once your trip has begun. We strongly recommend you contact us prior to travel should you need to adjust your trip duration.
13. What should I do if I find a mistake on my policy?
Should you notice an error on your policy, please contact the Staysure Travel Insurance Experts.
14. Who should I contact if I need to make a claim?
Depending on the nature of your claim, please call the emergency medical number or general claims number provided on the final page of your policy wording document, or click here for a list of all claims numbers
15. What’s the definition of a couple?
A couple is defined as husband and wife or common-law partners (including same sex partners) who have lived together at the same address for at least six consecutive months. For annual multi-trip cover each adult may travel independently.
16. What’s the definition of a family?
A family is defined as husband and wife or common-law partners and dependent children under 18 years old. Your children must be in full-time education and/or residing with you.
NOTE: Children under 2 years old are covered free of charge, therefore a couple with infants (below 2 years) should tick the ‘couple’ discount box in order to receive the appropriate discounted premium. For annual multi trip cover adults may travel independently but the children must travel with at least one of the insured adults included on the policy.
17. What’s the definition of a single parent?
A single parent family is defined as one adult and any dependent child below 18 years of age, in full time education or residing with you. For annual multi trip cover the adult may travel independently however each child must travel with the insured adult.
18. What should I do if I have not received my policy?
All policy documents are sent out by email and usually arrive within 2 minutes where an email address has been provided. However, occasionally the email can be rejected by your Internet Service Provider due to limited in-box size or it can be wrongly identified as spam.
As a general rule if you have not received your policy within 4 hours of making your booking call our dedicated customer service department on 0844 692 8418 who will check your email address and resend.
19. What should I do if I am unable to open my policy documents?
Your policy wording document is sent as a PDF file which can only be viewed through Adobe Reader. If not already installed on your computer this program can be downloaded for FREE using the following link http://get.adobe.com/uk/reader. However, if you are still experiencing difficulties please contact customer services on 0844 692 8418 who will be happy to help you.
20. What should I do if I haven’t received my posted policy documents?
Please allow 5 working days for UK postage before calling customer services on 0844 692 8418.
21. Do I need to declare high cholesterol or high blood pressure if controlled by tablets, hereditary or prescribed as a precaution?
Yes, you’re obliged to disclose this to us as a material fact even though it may not incur any additional cost.
22. What is the maximum trip duration for an annual multi trip policy?
This varies according to your age and the type of policy you have selected. Travellers aged 65 or under benefit from a maximum standard trip duration of up to 50 days, which can be extended to 100 days for an additional fee. For those aged 66-80 we are still able to offer European and worldwide policies but with a reduced maximum trip duration of up to 35 days. Clients aged 81-85 should contact the Staysure Travel Insurance Experts for further assistance.
Please Note: If you have purchased your policy via the call centre you may be subject to different trip durations depending on the policy. Please read the policy wording or contact the Staysure travel Insurance Experts if you have any questions.
23. What is the maximum trip duration for a single trip/long stay policy?
The maximum trip duration varies by age and policy type. On this website it is possible to arrange insurance for the boundaries specified in the table below. Should these not meet your requirements please contact the Staysure Travel Insurance Experts for further assistance.
|(Excluding USA/Canada/Caribean)||(Including USA/Canada/Caribean)|
|0-65||550 days(18mths)||550 days(18mths)||550 days(18mths)|
|66-70||365 days(12mths)||276 days(9mths)||184 days(6mths)|
|71-75||365 days(12mths)||184 days(6mths)||123 days(4mths)|
|76-80||31 days(1mth)||31 days(1mth)||31 days(1mth)|
|81-85||31 days(1mth)||31 days(1mth)||31 days(1mth)|
24. Does annual multi trip insurance include cover within the UK?
Yes, travel within the UK is covered as long as the trip lasts a minimum of 2 nights and (a) includes pre-booked travel or accommodation OR (b) is more than 25 miles from your home (unless it involves a sea crossing).
25. Does Staysure cover include business or voluntary work?
As a general rule Staysure policies don’t cover manual work, except for work undertaken on a voluntary basis, in which cover excludes; the use of, installation, assembly, maintenance or repair of heavy electrical, mechanical or hydraulic equipment and working at heights above 3 metres.
We recommend that you refer to the Cancellation & Curtailment section of the policy wording to ensure that you are familiar with any other clauses prior to taking out cover.
26. Does annual multi trip insurance cover winter sport?
This varies according to your age and policy type. Winter sports cover is available up to age 70 and is included free of charge with Comprehensive annual multi-trip policies, subject to a maximum of 17 days