Staysure Travel Insurance
Over 65s travel insurance with medical conditions
With Staysure, getting high quality yet cheap travel insurance for over 65s is simple. Whatever your needs or pre-existing medical conditions, we will tailor the perfect policy to protect you and your family when you're on holiday in the UK or abroad.
Just one of the great things about Staysure is that our travel insurance covers a full range of medical conditions as standard. Some conditions, such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol or heart conditions require more information to ensure the cover is tailored to your specific needs, in which case, medical screening can be completed by answering a few simple questions, either online or through our UK contact centre.
It is very important that all pre-existing medical conditions are declared on your policy at the time of purchase to avoid medical bills if you need treatment in another country. At Staysure we offer you an excellent range of policies from Basic to Comprehensive, which can cover both European and worldwide travel. To find out which policy is most suited to your needs, our specialists will gladly help – simply call 0844 692 8444* for an answer to all your queries.
- Specialists in pre-existing medical conditions
- Multiple levels of cover
- 24 hour assistance
- UK Contact Centre
- No upper age limit on Single Trip policies
Which policy should you choose?
Basic travel insurance
- Medical emergencies and repatriation, up to £5m
- Baggage claims, up to £300
- Cash lost or stolen, up to £250
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption up to £1,000
- Home country medical transfer
Comprehensive travel insurance
- Medical emergency and repatriation of up to £10m
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption, up to £5,000
- Baggage loss, up to £2,500
- Cash lost or stolen, up to £500
- Personal liability, up to £2m
- Legal protection cover of up to £25,000
Holiday insurance for over 65s with pre-existing medical conditions
Staysure's travel insurance for over 65s with pre-existing medical conditions covers a full range of medical conditions, but we can also tailor your policy for you.
Our policies cover you for cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption, so you can rest assured that, if you have to cancel or cut your holiday short for medical reasons, you will be reimbursed.
Your tailor made policy
Let us know what you are planning to do when you are away and we can offer you optional cover for activities such as trekking, golf, yachting, cycling, badminton and more. If you're planning an action-packed holiday, or you want added peace of mind, our Comprehensive policy offers great protection, as well as plenty of additional cover options to tailor the insurance to your specific requirements.
Remember that with Staysure travel insurance for over 65s, you'll be covered if anything unforeseen happens to you or your family. Our Comprehensive travel insurance covers you for up to £2,000 in lost baggage and up to £10 million for medical and repatriation cover.
Travel tips for over 65s
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least the duration of your stay, but certain countries require you to have six months validity from the date of your departure. You might also need a Visa to enter certain countries. You can find out everything you need to know about UK passports at the GOV.UK site.
- You can also obtain up-to-date information on the region you're travelling to, entry requirements and helpful tips on local laws and customs at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office.
- Before you travel, make copies of all your important documents, such as your passport and driving license, and leave them at home with someone you trust.
- Talk to your GP about what vaccinations you may need, but remember that you'll need to do this at least eight weeks before you travel. You can also check what travel vaccinations you need online at NHS fitfortravel.
- If you're travelling in Europe apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which entitles you to free or reduced-cost state medical treatment in many European countries.
- Plan your excursions carefully with a guidebook before you travel. If you're over 65 you can get reduced rate entry at lots of attractions in Europe. The Telegraph has a great country-by-country guide, which details where you can expect to find concessions.
- If you're taking currency with you, shop around before you go to get the best deal. Some providers offer 0% commission and let you exchange any unused currency for Sterling at the same rate when you return.
- You should also inform your bank and phone company that you're travelling abroad or your cards and phone might be blocked.