Holiday Home Insurance Frequently Asked Questions | FAQs | Staysure

Frequently asked questions about Staysure's holiday home insurance

  • Which countries do Staysure holiday home insurance policies cover?

    Staysure holiday home insurance covers holiday property located in most European countries including Southern Cyprus, France, Greece, Italy, Ireland, Portugal, Spain (including the Balearic and Canary Islands) and the British Isles. IMPORTANT: Holiday home insurance does not cover your main permanent residence.
  • What is the difference between contents and building insurance cover?

    There are two aspects to insuring a property. Building insurance covers the structure of the property, insuring against damage caused by fire, weather, vandalism, theft, the escape of water from heating or domestic installations, and the cost of completely rebuilding. Contents insurance covers the possessions inside your home which are not integral to the property’s structure.
  • What does Staysure contents insurance cover?

    Contents insurance will generally cover the items in your home that you would take with you should you move. These items could include furniture, carpets, electrical items, clothing, valuables and other personal belongings such as CDs, videos, etc? The cost of replacing the items is in accordance with the United Kingdom’s Government’s General Index of Retail Prices or the European equivalent.
  • What does Staysure building insurance cover?

    As the name suggests, building insurance covers the actual structure of your property and the cost of rebuilding according to the House Rebuilding Cost Index provided by the British Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors or the European equivalent. You are also covered for problems such as subsidence (excluding holiday homes in Bulgaria, Cyprus, Greece and the Republic of Ireland), fire or weather damage and for the cost of repairs.

    Permanent fixtures such as kitchen and bathroom fixtures and fittings, and built-in wardrobes are included under building insurance and all out-buildings, walls, driveways, gates, fences and swimming pools are included as standard. Provision is also made for temporary accommodation if required whilst making a claim.

  • How much should I insure my holiday home for?

    When deciding on how much to insure your property for, the onus is on you to put the correct price on your possessions, taking into account the cost of replacing the items at today’s prices. If you under insure, then you may be faced with a reduced payment when you make a claim. Building insurance is calculated not at the cost of purchasing the property but how much it would cost to rebuild. Most UK property surveys include the cost of rebuilding.
  • Is Staysure holiday home insurance active immediately?

    If you have completed your online quote and paid the premium, your cover can commence immediately unless we are required to refer your application to our underwriters. If your application requires referral to our underwriters, your cover can commence on their approval and our receipt of your payment.
  • Who provides Staysure’s holiday home insurance cover?

    For overseas properties this policy is underwritten (100%) by:

    Lloyd’s Syndicate 2007
    21 Lombard Street
    EC3V 9AH

    For UK properties this policy is underwritten (80%) by:

    Ageas Insurance Limited
    Ageas House
    Hampshire Corporate Park
    Templars Way
    SO53 3YA

    Also underwritten (20%) by:

    Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance plc
    St Mark’s Court
    Chart Way
    West Sussex
    RH12 1XL

    Arranged by Geo Personal Lines, a trading name of Geo Underwriting Services Limited. Registered in England No. 4070987. Registered Address:

    Towergate House
    Eclipse Park
    Sittingbourne Road
    Maidstone, Kent
    ME14 3EN

    Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority. FCA Register Number 308400.

    Lloyd’s Syndicate 2007 managed by Novae Syndicates Limited – authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority (PRA) and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) and the PRA. FRN 204888.

    Ageas Insurance Limited is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the Prudential Regulation Authority Registration Number: 202039.

    Royal Sun Alliance plc is authorised by the Prudential Regulation Authority and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority and the PRA. FRN 93792.

  • Is Staysure holiday home insurance suitable for buy to let property and personal use?

  • Does Staysure holiday home insurance cover loss for rentals?

    Yes. The policy covers loss of rental income for bookings actually made and confirmed prior to the property being rendered uninhabitable, as long as the amount does not exceed 20% of the sum insured on the building at any one time in any one period of insurance depending on the circumstances.
  • Are legal liabilities included in Staysure holiday home insurance policies?

    Yes. Third party liability for holiday makers and members of the public is included to cover you for legal costs and expenses for example should a guest sustain an injury on your property or around your swimming pool.
  • Can Staysure holiday home insurance cover my primary residence in the UK whilst I am working overseas?

    Unfortunately, Staysure holiday home insurance is not suitable to cover your main residence left unoccupied whilst you are overseas.
  • What are the excesses on Staysure holiday home policies?

    Staysure holiday home insurance offers a choice of three levels of excess: £100, £250 or £500. The higher the excess the lower the premium.
  • How can I pay for my policy?

    You can pay for your Staysure holiday home insurance cover by debit or credit card via our secure website or our UK Sales Centre.
  • I am having trouble opening the policy, what can I do?

    If you are having trouble opening your policy document then go to the Adobe website and follow the instructions on how to download Adobe Acrobat Reader.
  • How do I make a claim?

    To make a claim, first read your Policy and Schedule documents to check that you are covered. To register a claim and obtain a claim form, please contact Geo Personal Lines Homes on 0345 074 4760 (inside the UK) or 00 44 345 074 4760 (outside the UK). Or write to:

    Geo Personal Lines
    The Octagon
    CO1 1TG

  • Can I cancel my policy?

    Yes. There is a 14 day cooling off period in which it is possible to cancel your policy.
  • How can I renew my policy?

    When it’s time to renew your Staysure holiday home insurance policy, one of our advisers will contact you to remind you that your policy is ready for renewal. Alternatively, you can call our UK Contact Centre on 0333 014 4510 where our customer service team is on-hand to help 7 days a week.

‡ Discounts only apply to the base premium of your travel insurance quote and do not apply to any additional medical screening costs, where relevant. The discount offer cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.