- Information we collect about you
- Sensitive personal information
- Information about other people
- Use of your information
- Marketing and research
- Recommend a friend
- Information security
- Overseas transfer of personal information
- Identify checks and credit searches
- Insurance Administration, Renewal and Claims Handling
- Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register
- Car Insurance Database
- Fraud prevention and detection
- Access to your information and correction
- Other websites
- How to contact us
1. Information we collect about you
We collect information about you when you complete an online quote or telephone our contact centre to get a quote for insurance. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. When you use our website, information is collected using cookies. If you contact us electronically (for example via our website or email), we may collect your Internet Protocol (IP) address or telephone number supplied by your service provider. We may use this information to help us detect fraud.
2. Sensitive personal information
The information we collect may include sensitive personal information, such as your pre-existing medical conditions and criminal convictions. We will only use this information for the specific purpose for which you provided it and for the services described in your policy documentation. We will never collect sensitive information about you without your specific consent. You can check the information we hold about you by contacting us on 0844 692 8418^.
3. Information about other people
4. Use of your information
We collect information about you in order to process a quote for insurance, to administer your insurance policy, to renew insurance, to handle claims, to prevent and detect fraud and, if you agree, to email or call you about other products and services we think may be of interest to you. Information may be used for these purposes by us, the insurers on our panel, their agents and re-insurers and suppliers acting on our behalf (including loss adjustors or investigators). Where it is necessary for your data to be transferred to another party for these purposes we will ensure that your data is securely protected.
5. Marketing and research
We may use your information to:
- keep you informed by post, telephone, email or other means of products and services that we think may be of interest to you
- carry out market research or data analysis to help us improve the services we provide or to design new services for the future
- share with others so that they may offer you their products and service
Your personal information may also be used for the above purposes after your policy has lapsed. You have the right to request at any time that we stop processing your personal information for marketing purpose. If you wish to do this please write to Customer Services at Staysure.co.uk Limited, McGowan House 10 Waterside, The Lakes, Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, NN4 7XD. Please be aware that because we prepare our mailings months in advance, it can take up to three months for you to stop receiving mailings from us.
6. Recommend a friend
When recommending a friend to Staysure, you are confirming that you:
- have obtained the consent of your friend to pass their personal details to us and for your friend to receive an email from Staysure
- are happy for us to disclose your details as the person who asked that we send the email to your friend
Cookies identify your computer to a server that then enables information to be stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies allow a computer to be identified as corresponding to one that has accessed another website or visited a website previously. Cookies are commonly used on the Internet and do not harm your computer system. Cookies collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of our website and to compile statistical analysis reports of website activity. Information collected in this way can be used to identify you and to ensure your web journey is as easy and as targeted as possible.
You can set your internet browser not to accept cookies and remove them from your browser. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. Please be aware that deleting certain cookies can result in difficulties when navigating around sites.
8. Information security
Our website and computer systems use enhanced encryption to ensure that your personal and confidential data (such as your name, address, credit card number, and other information) cannot be intercepted, unscrambled or copied when being transmitted between our server, you and others acting on our behalf. Credit and debit card payments are processed securely by our partners Netbanx https://processing.paysafe.com/eu-en/(Optimal Payments PLC) and Chase Paymentech Europe Ltd www.chasepaymentech.co.uk
9. Overseas transfer of personal information
We may process your personal information in countries outside of the European Economic Area which may not have laws to protect your personal data, but in all cases we will ensure that it is kept securely and only used for the purposes for which you provided it. Details of the companies and countries involved can be provided on request.
10. Identify checks and credit searches
To check your identity, to assess your application, renewal or claim, or to prevent fraud and money laundering we may:
- Check publicly available information such as the Electoral Register, County Court Judgments, bankruptcy or repossession orders
- Search files made available to us by Credit Reference Agencies (CRA) of which they may keep a record.
We may also:
- Pass to the CRA information we hold about you and your payment record with us. The CRA will share this information with other organisations to help them assess applications, trace debtors, and prevent fraud
- Ask the CRA to provide a credit scoring computation. Credit scoring uses several factors to calculate the risks involved in any application. There is a score for each factor and the total score, along with the factors described above, is used to assess your application
- Use information relating to you and your vehicle supplied to us by the insurer, credit provider or third parties such as other insurance companies or fraud prevention agencies
- Carry out checks against information that we may hold about you as a customer for other Staysure insurance policies or products (this may include your claims and your payment record).
- Use the information you provide for the above purposes when you apply for any Staysure products or services now or in the future.
11. Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We do not sell, trade or rent your information and will never disclose information about you to third parties, except to fulfil your specific requests for a product, service or information that a third party may deliver. For example, if you take out an insurance policy provided by a third party, they will need your details in order to administer the policy and process any claims. Other circumstances where we are operationally or contractually obliged to pass on your information may be where third parties administer part or all of the service, underwriting, for pricing purposes, testing, and to maintain management information for business analysis. We may of course be obliged by law to pass on your information to the Police or any other statutory authority.
12. Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register
The Claims and Underwriting Exchange Register (run by Insurance Database Services Limited (IDS Ltd)), the Hunter Database (run by MCL Software Ltd) and the Motor Insurance Anti-Fraud and Theft Register (run by the Association of British Insurers (ABI)) help us check information provided and to prevent fraudulent claims. When we deal with your request for insurance, we may search these and any other relevant registers. Under the conditions of your insurance policy, you must tell us about any incident (such as an accident or theft) which may give rise to a claim. When you tell us about an incident we will pass this information to these registers and to any other relevant registers. If you would like more information about the registers please email or write to us at Staysure.co.uk Limited, McGowan House 10 Waterside, The Lakes, Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, NN4 7XD.
13. Car Insurance Database
Information relating to your car insurance policy will be added to the Motor Insurance Database (MID) managed by the Motor Insurers’ Bureau (MIB). MID and the information stored may be used by authorised bodies including the Police, the DVLA, the DVLANI, the Insurance Fraud Bureau and other bodies for (but not limited to):
- Electronic licensing
- Continuous insurance enforcement
- Law enforcement (prevention, detection, apprehension and the prosecution of offenders)
- Government services and other services aimed at reducing the level and incidence of uninsured driving
If you are involved in a road traffic accident (either in the UK, the EEA or certain other territories), insurers and the MIB may search the MID to obtain relevant information. Persons (including appointed representatives) pursuing a claim in respect of a road traffic accident (including citizens of other countries) may also obtain information which is held on the MID. You must ensure that the MID holds your correct car registration number. If it is incorrect you are at risk of having your vehicle seized by the Police. You can check your registration number details on the MID at www.askMID.com.
14. Fraud prevention and detection
To prevent and detect fraud we or the insurer may share information about you with other organisations including the Police and fraud prevention agencies. Law enforcement agencies may access and use this information. If you provide false or inaccurate information and we identify that fraud has been committed we will pass your information on to fraud prevention agencies. We may access and use information recorded by fraud prevention agencies from other countries. If you would like details of the fraud prevention agencies please email or write to us at Staysure.co.uk Limited, McGowan House 10 Waterside, The Lakes, Northampton, Northamptonshire, United Kingdom, NN4 7XD.
15. Access to your information and correction
You have the right to request a copy of the information we hold about you. If you would like a copy of this information please write to: Customer Services Manager – Staysure, McGowan House, The Lakes, 10 Waterside, Bedford Road, Northampton NN4 7XD, giving your name, address and insurance policy number. We charge an administration charge of £10 for this service, please include a cheque made payable to Staysure.co.uk Ltd with your request.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information if you think it is inaccurate, and we will confirm if any amendments are made.
16. Other websites
18. How to contact us
You can also use these contact details if you wish to register a complaint. If you cannot settle your complaint with us, you may be entitled to refer it to the Information Commissioner’s Office.
|Letter||Staysure, McGowan House, The Lakes, 10 Waterside, Bedford Road, Northampton NN4 7XD.|
|Phone||0844 692 8418^|