Travel insurance for over 65s
With Staysure, getting high quality yet cheap travel insurance for over 65s is simple. Whatever your needs or pre-existing medical conditions, we can tailor the perfect policy to protect you and your family when you’re on holiday in the UK or abroad.
At Staysure we can offer you excellent policies on an Annual or Single-Trip basis. To find out which policy is most suited to your needs, our specialists will gladly help – simply call 0844 692 8444^ or get a quote in minutes online.
Holiday insurance for over 65s with pre-existing medical conditions
Staysure’s travel insurance for over 65s with pre-existing medical conditions covers a full range of medical conditions, but we can also tailor your policy for you.
Our policies cover you for cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption, so you can rest assured that, if you have to cancel or cut your holiday short for medical reasons, you will be reimbursed.
Some conditions require more information to ensure the cover is tailored to your specific needs, in which case, medical screening can be completed by answering a few simple questions, either online or through our UK contact centre.
It is very important that all pre-existing medical conditions are declared on your policy at the time of purchase to avoid medical bills if you need treatment in another country.
Which level of cover do you need?
|Basic travel insurance||Comprehensive travel insurance|
Your tailor made policy
Let us know what you are planning to do when you are away and we can offer you optional cover for activities such as trekking, golf, yachting, cycling, badminton and more. If you’re planning an action-packed holiday, or you want added peace of mind, our Comprehensive policy offers great protection, as well as plenty of additional cover options to tailor the insurance to your specific requirements.
Remember that with Staysure travel insurance for over 65s, you’ll be covered if anything unforeseen happens to you or your family. Our Comprehensive travel insurance covers you for up to £2,000 in lost baggage and up to £10 million for medical and repatriation cover.
Travel tips for over 65s
- Your passport needs to be valid for at least the duration of your stay, but certain countries require you to have six months validity from the date of your departure. You might also need a Visa to enter certain countries. You can find out everything you need to know about UK passports at the GOV.UK site
- You can also obtain up-to-date information on the region you’re travelling to, entry requirements and helpful tips on local laws and customs at the Foreign & Commonwealth Office
- Before you travel, make copies of all your important documents, such as your passport and driving license, and leave them at home with someone you trust
- Talk to your GP about what vaccinations you may need, but remember that you’ll need to do this at least eight weeks before you travel. You can also check what travel vaccinations you need online at NHS fitfortravel
- If you’re travelling in Europe apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which entitles you to free or reduced-cost state medical treatment in many European countries
- Plan your excursions carefully with a guidebook before you travel. If you’re over 65 you can get reduced rate entry at lots of attractions in Europe. The Telegraph has a great country-by-country guide, which details where you can expect to find concessions
- If you’re taking currency with you, shop around before you go to get the best deal. Some providers offer 0% commission and let you exchange any unused currency for Sterling at the same rate when you return
- You should also inform your bank and phone company that you’re travelling abroad or your cards and phone might be blocked.
Travel Insurance for Over 65s
Get a quote online for over 65s travel insurance or us a call on 0844 692 8444^ and our travel insurance specialists will gladly help.