Gadget travel insurance
Taking gadgets on holiday is simply a must for most people. Snapping plenty of quality pictures with a digital camera, using your mobile phone to keep in touch with loved ones back home and reading on your tablet or e-books are all part and parcel of a great holiday. These gadgets contribute to an average ‘walking wealth’ in the UK of £972 according to leading insurers and many Britons do not realise the total value of the items they carry abroad with them.
With this in mind, ensuring you have the correct gadget holiday insurance in place is a must and combining travel insurance with gadget cover provides peace of mind and simplifies your holiday preparations.
Staysure’s gadget cover can be added to our 5-star Defaqto rated Comprehensive travel insurance and provides up to £1,000 of cover for accidental, liquid and malicious third-party damage as well as unauthorised use such as calls and data use after the item was lost or stolen.
Unlike some insurers that require you to register your gadgets for every trip, meaning you have to complete new forms every time you go away, Staysure’s add-on gadget travel insurance covers all of your devices without registration and is automatically extended to family members named on the policy. Perfect if the kids bring along portable DVD players, MP3 players and portable games consoles.
Staysure’s gadget cover also has an excess of only £25*, which is cheaper than that offered in many home and contents policies, with no impact on claims if anything should happen.
The travel insurance with gadget cover protects an unlimited number of portable electronic gadgets including:
|Portable games consoles||E-readers|
|Smartwatches||Portable DVD players|
Tips for travelling with gadgets
Holidaying nearly always involves going to places and enjoying activities that are sandy or snowy, hot or cold, more adventurous and universally wet (swimming pools, the sea, snow and waterparks to name a few) – none of which are friendly to your electronic devices!
Here are a few tips for keeping your gadgets in working order and getting the most out of them while you’re travelling.
- Take out travel insurance with gadget cover in advance of your trip and ensure you keep all policy documents safe
- Backup all your data (contact information, downloaded music, pictures) before leaving home
- Turn off data roaming and check international rates to avoid unexpected bills
- Be careful when using public Wi-Fi, your data may not be secure
- Carry gadgets in your hand luggage
- Get waterproof covers for everything possible
- Store all valuables in the hotel safe or security box when you aren’t carrying them with you
- Ensure your contact information is visible on the device, register all gadgets with their manufacturers and keep a record of serial numbers as many manufacturers can disable devices remotely to protect your information if stolen.
Gadget Travel Insurance
If you would like to speak to a member of the Staysure team about gadget travel insurance please call us free on 0800 033 4902 or get a quote online in minutes.