Staysure Travel Insurance
Holiday insurance for over 70s
If you have reached the milestone of 70 and are busy enjoying your retirement and the spare time that comes with it, then travel and the desire to experience new destinations is likely to be high on your agenda.
However it can be hard to find appropriate, high quality travel insurance for over 70s, and holidaying without insurance can be risky. If you are unlucky enough to need medical care while travelling, the costs can be significant and can leave you burdened with large bills.
To find out exactly what cover we can provide for you, simply talk to our insurance experts on 0800 033 4902 or get a quote online.
- UK-based Contact Centre
- Experts in travel insurance for over 50s
- All medical conditions considered
- No upper age limit on Single Trip policies
- Medical Emergency helpline 24/7
Basic travel insurance
- Medical emergencies and repatriation up to £5m
- Baggage up to £300
- Additional travel and accommodation costs up to £2,000
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption up to £500
- Missed departure up to £500
- Travel delay
- Optional personal liability up to £2m
Comprehensive travel insurance
- Medical emergencies and repatriation up to £10m
- Baggage up to £2,500
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption up to £5,000
- Missed departure up to £1,500
- Travel delay
- Additional travel & accommodation costs up to £2,000
- Personal liability up to £2m
- Legal protection up to £25,000
Travel insurance for over 70s with pre-existing medical conditions
If you're looking for travel cover for over 70s with pre-existing medical conditions, these can often be included in your cover subject to a simple confidential screening process which can be completed online or over the phone.
When taking out holiday insurance with medical conditions it is vital that you declare all of your ailments when obtaining your quote because you may not be provided with adequate cover if you fail to do so.
If you are travelling with a medical condition, we've put together some tips that will help you make the most of your holiday. Read them here.
Travel tips for over 70s
- If you're retired you'll have the flexibility to travel whenever you want. If you're holidaying in Europe, avoid the crowds and heat by sticking to ‘shoulder season', April-June or September and October.
- Packing spare spectacles, hearing aid batteries and medication (both prescribed and non-prescribed as brand names often differ and some supplements are not available overseas) will provide peace of mind should you lose anything while away.
- Sightseers should take advantage of bus and boat tours to take in the highlights in a more relaxed fashion.
- Look for discounts, especially when it comes to rail travel where a local senior card can save you a fortune. The qualifying age will vary by country and by service or venue but invariably there will be concessions at major cultural venues – make sure you take your passport with you to prove your age.
- Pack as lightly as possible and check your luggage if you aren't travelling direct to your final destination. Packing light will make getting around busy airports or train stations and negotiating public transport easier.
- When booking your accommodation, check its accessibility and location, ensuring that your room, on-site facilities and local attractions are all easy to get to.
For more information on travel insurance for over 70s with pre-existing medical conditions, contact us on 0800 033 4902. Alternatively, get an instant online quote.