Staysure Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for over 70s with pre-existing medical conditions
If you have reached the milestone of 70 and are busy enjoying your retirement and the spare time that comes with it, then travel and the desire to experience new destinations is likely to be high on your agenda.
However it can be hard to find appropriate, high quality travel insurance for over 70s, and holidaying without insurance can be risky. If you are unlucky enough to need medical care while travelling, the costs can be significant and can leave you burdened with large bills.
At Staysure, we don't believe your age or existing medical conditions should stop you from being properly insured when you go on holiday. We offer great value over 70s travel insurance covering you for medical emergencies, repatriation, missed departures, cancellations, trip interruption and much more. To find out exactly what cover we can provide for you, simply talk to our insurance specialists on 0800 033 4902 or get a quote online.
- Specialists in pre-existing medical conditions
- Multiple levels of cover
- 24 hour assistance
- UK Contact Centre
- No upper age limit on Single Trip policies
Which policy should you choose?
Basic travel insurance
- Medical emergencies and repatriation, up to £5m
- Baggage claims, up to £300
- Cash lost or stolen, up to £250
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption up to £1,000
- Home country medical transfer
Comprehensive travel insurance
- Medical emergency and repatriation of up to £10m
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption, up to £5,000
- Baggage loss, up to £2,500
- Cash lost or stolen, up to £500
- Personal liability, up to £2m
- Legal protection cover of up to £25,000
Holiday insurance for over 70s with medical conditions
If you're looking for travel cover for over 70s with pre-existing medical conditions, these can often be included in your cover subject to a simple confidential screening process which can be completed online or over the phone.
When taking out holiday insurance with medical conditions it is vital that you declare all of your ailments when obtaining your quote because you may not be provided with adequate cover if you fail to do so.
If you are travelling with a medical condition, we've put together some tips that will help you make the most of your holiday. Read them here.
Travel tips for over 70s
- If you're retired you'll have the flexibility to travel whenever you want. If you're holidaying in Europe, avoid the crowds and heat by sticking to ‘shoulder season', April-June or September and October.
- Packing spare spectacles, hearing aid batteries and medication (both prescribed and non-prescribed as brand names often differ and some supplements are not available overseas) will provide peace of mind should you lose anything while away.
- Sightseers should take advantage of bus and boat tours to take in the highlights in a more relaxed fashion.
- Look for discounts, especially when it comes to rail travel where a local senior card can save you a fortune. The qualifying age will vary by country and by service or venue but invariably there will be concessions at major cultural venues – make sure you take your passport with you to prove your age.
- Pack as lightly as possible and check your luggage if you aren't travelling direct to your final destination. Packing light will make getting around busy airports or train stations and negotiating public transport easier.
- When booking your accommodation, check its accessibility and location, ensuring that your room, on-site facilities and local attractions are all easy to get to.
For more information on travel insurance for over 70s with pre-existing medical conditions, contact us on 0800 033 4902. Alternatively, get an instant online quote.