Travel Insurance for the Over 70s
Retirement doesn’t mean the end of the road, it means the beginning of new ones. With more spare time and hopefully fewer responsibilities, travel may well be high on your wish list. Whether you’re looking to visit new destinations, experience new flavours of life, or simply to return to somewhere that’s already special to you, there’s no better time.
You may be of the view that your age or existing medical conditions shouldn’t be a barrier to travelling. At Staysure, we couldn’t agree more. That’s why we specialise in providing Travel Insurance for Over 70s that will give you the right cover for your specific needs – and potentially save you a great deal in costs. And just as importantly when you’re going on holiday, it will also give you peace of mind.
It’s worth doing right – Don’t forget your Over 70s Holiday Insurance!
We can offer you great value Travel Insurance for Over 70s, covering you for medical emergencies, repatriation, missed departures, cancellations, trip interruption and much more.
And you’ve got a choice of policies. We offer a Basic and a 5-Star Defaqto Rated Comprehensive Holiday Insurance for over 70s that can cover you for both European and Worldwide travel on a single or annual multi-trip basis. Knowing you’re properly covered for medical and other mishaps means you can get on with the important business of just enjoying yourself!
We appreciate that to some people, travel insurance can seem confusing. But with Staysure, it’s simple. We offer you the appropriate cover for your individual needs, and at the right price.
To find out exactly what cover we can provide you with, simply talk to our insurance specialists for free on 0800 033 4902 or get a quote online.
Benefits of using our travel insurance for the over 70s
- Up to £10 million cover for medical and repatriation
- No upper age limits on single trips and single trip cruise policies
- Get cover for up to 104 days at a time
- Many different sports and activities covered
- Discounts for families and couples
What does Over 70’s Travel Insurance cover?
|Basic travel insurance:||Comprehensive travel insurance:|
How many days can you travel for as an over 70s traveller?
- If you buy a Single trip policy (there is no upper age limit for this) you are covered for a maximum of 104 days
- With a Long stay policy (you must be no older than 75) you are covered for a maximum of 366 days in Regions 1 & 2, for 184 days in Region 3, and for 123 days in Region 4.
- With an Annual Multi-Trip policy (You must be no older than 85) you can take a maximum of 35 days per trip, 183 days in total
If you’d like to know more about these options, the above links will take you to the relevant pages.
Holiday insurance for over 70s with medical conditions
It’s very common for travellers over the age of 70 to have some sort of medical condition. That needn’t be a problem. If you’re looking for travel cover for pre-existing medical conditions, these can often be included in your cover, subject to a simple, confidential screening process which can be completed online or over the phone.
When you are taking out holiday insurance, it really is vital that you declare all medical conditions when obtaining your quote. That’s because you may not be provided with adequate cover if you fail to do so.
If you are travelling with a medical condition, we’ve put together some tips that will help you make the most of your holiday – you can read them below.
Travel tips for over 70s
If you’re retired, you probably have more flexibility than most people when it comes to travel. You can make the most of this and get yourself a more enjoyable holiday for a better price. And a little thoughtful planning can save a lot of hot-and-bother later. Please note, brand names for medicines often differ, and some of your usual supplements may not be available overseas.
- Take a walk on the mild side. If you’re holidaying in Europe, you can avoid the crowds and heat by travelling outside of the peak holiday season. Perhaps travel in April-June or September and October. In the South of Europe particularly you’ll still be able to enjoy the sun at a pleasant temperature.
- Remember the little necessities. Packing Spare spectacles, hearing aid batteries and prescribed and non-prescribed medication will provide peace of mind should you lose anything while away.
- Look at your leisure. Even for those with the limberest legs, hiking across plazas and up city steps can be tiring – especially on sunny days. Sightseers can take advantage of bus and boat tours to take in the highlights in a more relaxed fashion.
- Look for discounts – they usually apply equally to visitors as to locals. The qualifying age will vary by country and by service or venue but invariably there will be concessions at major cultural venues. Do make sure you take your passport with you to prove your age. And when it comes to rail travel, a local senior card can save you a fortune.
- Don’t get heavy with the luggage. Pack as lightly as possible and check your luggage if you aren’t travelling direct to your final destination. Lugging around heavy bags can be one of the less pleasant parts of holidaying. Packing light will make getting around busy airports or train stations and negotiating public transport easier and less stressful.
- Pick the right spot. When you book your travel accommodation, it’s always good to check its accessibility and location, ensuring that your room, on-site facilities and local attractions are all easy to get to.
Travel Insurance Over 70s FAQ
Can my travel start from outside the UK?
Your travel must always commence from the UK – for policy purposes this includes the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man. If you’re taking out an Expat insurance policy, travel must always commence from your home country.
Do I need to declare medical conditions which I had over 5 years ago?
Yes, if you have ever suffered from any of the following conditions:
- Cardiovascular or circulatory condition, e.g. heart condition
- Hypertension (high blood pressure)
- blood clots
- Raised cholesterol
Can I make changes to my policy?
Yes, some upgrades can be made at any time prior to your departure, subject to the terms and conditions of the policy. However, please be advised: it isn’t possible to reduce coverage in return for a partial refund.
Do I really need travel insurance?
We all hope nothing will go wrong on our holidays, but sadly, accidents can and do happen. If they do, not being properly insured can add financial heartbreak on top of the illness or injury itself. Did you know that a fall resulting in a broken hip and hospital treatment in Spain, with return flights, can cost you up to £1500!
There’s no such thing as a ‘one-size fits all’ travel insurance policy. That’s why Staysure’s Award-winning holiday insurance means you have the flexibility to tailor your policy to fit your specific needs – and help you travel with peace of mind.
Travel Insurance Over 70s - Get a Quote
As specialists in insurance for over 50s, we at Staysure are able to offer a wide range of travel insurance for over 70s for destinations all around the world. You can tailor your insurance so that it fits your individual needs and wishes, and we consider all pre-existing medical conditions for cover.
The travel insurance specialists in our Northampton office are more than happy to answer any of your questions. Why not speak to us for free on 0800 033 4902. Or alternatively, you can get an online quote in minutes.