Golf travel insurance add-on
Golfing equipment does not come cheap and neither do quality golfing holidays. With some of the world’s most expensive courses charging in excess of £350 for green fees and of course a sizeable bar tab if you card that illusive hole in one, costs can quickly add up.
With all this in mind, ensuring you have the appropriate golf travel insurance is a great way to tee-off your holiday and protect yourself should the worst happen, or the best for that matter.
Staysure’s golf cover is available as an add-on with our 5-star Defaqto rated single trip and annual Comprehensive Travel Insurance and provides up to £1,000 of cover for personal golf equipment including shoes, bags and non-motorised trollies as well as replacement hire cover up to £300 and £75 hole in one cover.
Our travel insurance specialists are more than happy to answer any of your questions on 0800 033 4902. Alternatively, you can get a quote online in minutes.
Hole in one insurance and green fees cover
Tradition holds that any golfer who cards a hole in one should buy a round of drinks for his playing party in the clubhouse, and while this is great news for your handicap it may not be so friendly to your bank account!
With our add-on golf policy you get hole in one insurance which can pay you up to £75 to cover the celebratory clubhouse drinks and ensures that your finest golfing achievements aren’t marred by a costly round.
If you pay in advance for non-refundable green fees or tuition and aren’t able to play due to document loss, accidental injury, illness or if the course is closed due to poor weather, our golf insurance can cover your loss up to £150.
Tips for travelling with golf equipment
Golfing holidays offer up a few challenges when it comes to travel logistics – perhaps the most difficult is getting your golf clubs to the course in a simple and secure way.
Here are a few tips for travelling with golf clubs and ensuring they make it to your destination in top condition.
- Get a well-made hard shell travel bag – these provide the best protection for your clubs if they’re mishandled in transit. If you use a soft shell bag, buy a club protection device.
- Get a direct flight – fewer flights mean your golf clubs spend the minimum amount of time being moved about and handled.
- Label your bag clearly – use whatever means are necessary to ensure that your details, including contact information, are highly visible on your bag should it be misplaced.
- Wrap your club heads during travel – no matter what you do your clubs will move around while in transit. To minimise this movement and prevent damage, wrap your club heads in a soft material, such as a jumper, before packing them
- Don’t pack anything else in your bag – aside from wrapping the club heads, do not pack any other loose items in your bag, they will rattle about and potentially damage your clubs.
Golf Travel Insurance
If you’ve picked a destination, then a quality Travel Insurance policy with additional golf cover should be going in your bag alongside your prized putter.
To speak to a member of the Staysure team about golf travel insurance please call us free on 0800 033 4902 or get a quote online.