Over 80s Travel Insurance
Staysure Travel Insurance
Travel insurance for the over 80s
Are you having trouble finding travel insurance because you are over 79 years of age? Many insurers impose this as an upper age limit but we believe that, just because you are over 80, it shouldn't mean you have to travel without insurance.
Staysure are experts in providing travel insurance for the over 80s and, even if you suffer from a medical condition, we should be able to cover you. Our Basics or Comprehensive travel insurance will keep you well covered for all events, whether you are planning a weekend away, maybe a city break in Europe, a winter retreat to Florida, or perhaps even a round the world cruise.
Why get travel insurance
for over 80s?
Albeit unlikely, accidents do happen so it is still best to be properly protected should you need help. Staysure will provide you with travel insurance to cover all eventualities, giving you full peace of mind to enjoy your holiday.
- Experts in pre-existing medical conditions.
- Multiple levels of cover
- 24 hour assistance
- UK call centre
- Valuable extras, such as Passenger Protection cover
Travelling uninsured may well turn out to be a false economy. Hospital bills mount up, particularly when you are in foreign countries, and it is possible you could find yourself picking up an unexpected bill for several thousands of pounds – that's in addition to the cost of transport and extra accommodation that you may need if you have to delay your return home. All this can be avoided by taking out the right travel insurance policy.
Staysure's travel insurance for the over 80s with medical conditions covers all illnesses, either automatically or via a simple medical screening process. Our travel insurance staff will be more than happy to discuss or advise you on any queries you may have. Alternatively, you can get an online quote in just minutes.
Medical costs and much more
Did you know that not only do we pay for medical conditions and repatriation, we also cover you for baggage loss, passport loss/theft, as well as assist you by liaising with hospitals, hotels and travel providers should you need help in an emergency? Our 24 hour emergency assistance staff are here to help and are just a phone call away.
Our comprehensive policies cover you for cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption, so you can rest assured that, if you have to cancel or cut your holiday short for medical reasons, you will be reimbursed. If you wish to add this option to a Basics policy, we can arrange for that for a small additional premium.
Which policy should you choose?
Basics travel insurance
- All pre-existing medical conditions considered
- Medical emergencies and repatriation, up to £5m
- Baggage claims, up to £200
- Cash lost or stolen, up to £200
- Additional cancellation cover option available
- Home country medical transfer
Comprehensive travel insurance
- Medical emergency and repatriation of up to £10m
- Cancellation, curtailment and trip interruption, up to £5,000
- Baggage loss, up to £2,000
- Cash lost or stolen, up to £500
- Personal liability, up to £2m
- Legal protection cover of up to £25,000
Your tailor made policy
Our wide range of policy options means we are able to tailor policies to suit your exact needs. A chat with one of our helpful travel insurance experts will soon provide you with a solution to all your travel insurance needs. Simply give them a call on 0844 692 8444 or get an online quote in just minutes.
Please feel free to browse our policy document for written explanations on the all the situations we can insure you for.
Travel tips for over 80s
- Keep up-to-date with visa and passport regulations for the destinations you wish to visit. Click here to find out more from the UK Government website.
- Make sure you have copies of all your important documents, eg. passport, driving licence, bank account details, and leave them at home with someone you can trust.
- Get yourself vaccinated if necessary. Click here to find out what you need and for which countries.
- If you plan a trip to Europe, apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which is a useful complement to your Staysure travel insurance. It sometimes gives you free cover for certain emergency treatments, depending upon the country you are visiting; however, nothing replaces all the additional cover and support you will get from a Staysure policy.
- Don't forget to inform your bank and mobile phone providers that you are going to be travelling abroad. This will avoid the possibility of your cards or phone service being blocked.
Obtain an quotation online for the over 80s or, if you prefer, give us a call on 0844 692 8444 and our travel insurance experts will gladly help.