Travel insurance for over 80s
At Staysure, we believe you should be able to travel no matter your age so our Single-Trip policies have no upper-age limit. You can also get 5 Star Defaqto Rated Comprehensive Annual Travel Insurance up to the age of 85.
Our ve travel insurance will keep you well covered for all events, whether you are planning a weekend away, a city break in Europe, a winter retreat to Florida or a luxury river cruise. Speak to us on: 0844 692 8444^ to find out more or get a quote online in minutes.
Why get travel insurance for over 80s?
While many travel insurers will not cover anyone over the age of 80, meaning it can sometimes be difficult to get adequate cover, it doesn’t mean you have to travel without insurance.
Most holidaymakers enjoy their time away without any problems but accidents do happen and travelling uninsured may well turn out to be a false economy. Hospital bills can mount up, particularly when you are in foreign countries, and you could find yourself picking up an unexpected bill for thousands of pounds – that’s in addition to the cost of transport and extra accommodation that you may need if you have to delay your return home.
All this can be avoided by taking out the right travel insurance policy.
Which level of cover do you need?
|Basic travel insurance||Comprehensive travel insurance|
Travel insurance for over 80s with pre-existing medical conditions
Having a pre-existing medical condition shouldn’t stop you from travelling, at Staysure we consider everyone for medical travel insurance with a simple screening process which can be completed online or by calling us on: 0844 692 8444^.
It’s important that all pre-existing conditions are declared when you buy your policy as disclosing everything means that you’ll be covered for any medical emergencies when you’re travelling.
We can also provide travel insurance for people while they are awaiting a range of surgeries, including common procedures such as knee and hip replacements or cataract surgery provided you are not travelling against the advice of a doctor†. The full list of surgeries is available here.
Travel tips for over 80s
- Keep up-to-date with visa and passport regulations for the destinations you wish to visit. Click here to find out more from the UK Government website
- Make sure you have copies of all your important documents, e.g. passport, driving licence, bank account details, and leave them at home with someone you can trust
- Get yourself vaccinated if necessary. Click here to find out what you need and for which countries
- If you plan a trip to Europe, apply for a free European Health Insurance Card (EHIC), which is a useful complement to your Staysure travel insurance. It sometimes gives you free cover for certain emergency treatments, depending upon the country you are visiting; however, nothing replaces all the additional cover and support you will get from a Staysure policy
- Don’t forget to inform your bank and mobile phone providers that you are going to be travelling abroad. This will avoid the possibility of your cards or phone service being blocked.
Holiday Insurance for over 80s
As the over 50s specialists, Staysure is often able to provide a wide range of travel insurance policies for over 80s with all pre-existing medical conditions considered.
Why not speak to our travel insurance specialists on 0844 692 8444^ who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, or get a quote online.