Travel insurance for over 75s
Staysure is a specialists in providing holiday insurance for people over 50. Our single-trip policies have no upper-age limit and annual travel insurance is available to anyone up to the age of 85, meaning you can still get 5 Star Defaqto Rated Comprehensive cover if you’re over 75.
Our policies are tailored to ensure that you can travel with peace of mind, knowing any medical conditions are properly covered this can be arranged quickly and easily by answering a few simple questions online, or by calling our travel insurance team on 0800 033 4902.
Cover for medical conditions
We know that older travellers are more likely to have medical conditions, making it harder to get holiday insurance. It’s important that your policy covers all pre-existing conditions to avoid facing large bills if you need treatment in another country.
We can also provide travel insurance for people while they are awaiting a range of surgeries, including common procedures such as knee and hip replacements or cataract surgery provided you are not travelling against the advice of a doctor*. The full list of surgeries is available here.
Cover is also available for more serious conditions and this can be arranged quickly and easily by answering a few simple questions online, or by calling our travel insurance team on 0800 033 4902.
Which level of cover do you need?
|Basic travel insurance||Comprehensive travel insurance|
Travel tips for over 75s
- Before you book, it’s a good idea to plan your trip carefully. The Foreign and Commonwealth Office provides excellent country-specific information, with important safety and security updates for your destination.
- If you need vaccinations, make sure you arrange for these at least eight weeks before you are due to depart. You can find detailed vaccination information at the NHS, along with general travel advice for the elderly.
- If you take any medication, you need to make sure you’ve got enough to last your entire trip, plus possible delays. Talk with your GP about how to take your medication if you’re travelling through different time zones. You should also get a written note from your GP detailing the prescribed drugs you’re taking.
- If you’re flying, request seats with the most legroom and you’ll also be able to request help getting on and off the plane, and stowing your luggage. Let staff know of any dietary requirements you may have in advance.
- Plan a detailed itinerary. Leave a copy of this, along with copies of your important documents, with someone at home. If you need to make extra arrangements for any planned trips, such as the provision of a wheelchair, do this before you depart.
- Make sure you have comprehensive travel insurance for peace of mind to cover all eventualities. This will cover you if you should fall ill while you’re away, as well as provide baggage cover, repatriation, personal liability and legal protection.
- Pack light. If you’re going on a short trip, try to avoid packing and carrying a heavy bag and ask the stewards to help you get hand luggage into the overhead lockers. Make sure you’ve got everything you need for the flight to hand. If you’re checking in luggage make sure your carry-on bag has everything you need for your journey.
Over 75s Travel Insurance
As the over 50s specialists, Staysure is able to provide great travel insurance for over 75s with all pre-existing medical conditions considered.
Why not speak to our travel insurance specialists for free on 0800 033 4902 who will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have, or alternatively get an online quote in minutes.