Enlarged prostate travel insurance
If you have an enlarged prostate then you’ll be joining around 60 per cent of men aged over 60 in the UK, according to the NHS. Fortunately, having an enlarged prostate is not usually a serious threat to a man’s health – although it can sometimes impact on the quality of life.
If you have an enlarged prostate and are planning a holiday abroad, have you thought about purchasing holiday insurance? We consider cover for all medical conditions and with our simple medical screening process you can apply for a quote online in minutes or contact our travel insurance specialists on 0800 033 4902.
Why do I need travel insurance for an enlarged prostate?
As long as the doctor has declared you well enough, you should be fine to travel. Of course, no one wants to worry about getting ill on holiday, but it does happen, so knowing you’ll be looked after by Staysure means you can relax and enjoy your holiday. If you have a medical emergency abroad and have purchased a policy with us, you will have access to 24-hour assistance to help with your medical and practical arrangements while away.
It’s worth noting that if you take medication for an enlarged prostate, our Comprehensive policy helps replace any lost or stolen tablets. We also cover you for the loss of luggage and passports. In addition, we have a team of friendly staff to answer any insurance related concerns and to provide you with a policy that best suits your needs.
Tips for travelling with an enlarged prostate
- If you are taking medication for prostate enlargement, remember to carry your medication on you just in case your luggage goes missing
- Bring a torch or leave a light on in your room for those trips to the bathroom in the middle of the night
- If travelling by airplane, try and sit in an aisle seat so that you have easier access to the bathroom
- Try and avoid cold and flu remedies in foreign countries as they may contain antihistamines or decongestants. These drugs can increase your symptoms
- If you’re not sure about whether you are fit enough to travel, speak to your GP before you book a holiday
- Make sure you have enough medication to last the duration of your holiday, plus a little extra just in case you lose some or are delayed
- Keep an up-to-date list of your medication in your wallet for ease of reference
- Try and avoid too much alcohol and caffeine, especially after dinner
- While away keep warm and exercise regularly as cold weather and lack of exercise can make your symptoms worse
- Keep stress levels low as this can lead to more frequent trips to the bathroom. So don’t plan too much while away and don’t leave packing until the last minute
- The National Health Service (NHS) advises all travellers to cover their holidays adequately with a private travel insurance policy, using their European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) as additional cover only.
Enlarged Prostate Travel Insurance
Apply for a quote online in a matter of minutes or call us on 0800 033 4902.